Ottawa Of all the meetings we use in our recovery, the business meeting seems the most unlikely candidate for learning about recovery.
Jaen Business meetings are usually held monthly or bimonthly after regular meetings for the purposes of:
- Selecting a chair for the upcoming period
- Counting up the contributions in the basket
- Deciding on distribution of the monies
- Making sure there are sufficient funds for
- Paying rent
- Getting books and pamphlets
- Getting chips
- Buying refreshments
- Holding a prudent reserve
These actions help return us to normalcy and sanity, removing the chaos and uncertainty of our lives. As we go through positions of responsibility, being a treasurer, being a greeter, being a chair person, we learn to apply that in our outside-of-the-meeting life.